10:00 Welcome coffee
10:30 Introduction: Participants’ expectations around the table
Ann Guinée, Project Manager, Beltug (English)
10:45 GDPR: a blessing or a curse for HR management?
We’ll take a look from a legal perspective at some of the key provisions of the GDPR that companies will need to take into account when managing employee data. For example:
- What impact will the GDPR have on companies’ HR and privacy policies?
- How can companies comply with the extended rights of employees – in particular, how can a company reconcile an employee’s right to be forgotten with the need to maintain complete personnel files?
- Can companies use employees’ personal data for HR profiling or for insurance purposes?
- To what extent can companies monitor employees, for instance by installing surveillance cameras and/or monitoring employees’ electronic communications?
Peter Van Dyck, Partner, Allen & Overy (English)
11:15 Q&A: Your questions, your experience
11:30 The impact on the HR IT system
Well experienced in all matters of the GDPR, Jean-Pierre Bernaerts will share his insights about the effect of the regulation on your IT systems.
- How does the GDPR affect the system architecture?
- What are the authentication and authorization mechanism requirements?
- What is the impact of the increased security for sensitive data on HR applications?
Jean-Pierre Bernaerts, CIO, Indaver (English)
12:00 Q&A: Your questions, your experience
12:15 Wrap up