Data loss prevention: all-in for data classification? Presentations from the N-sight of 15 Feb 2023
Data loss prevention and leak mitigation are vital practices to many organisations, to protect and secure the data and to ensure compliance with regulations, for example. Data classification has become a key asset in data loss prevention. Classifying your company data into categories such as ‘sensitive’, ‘confidential’ and ‘personal data’ promises to make data loss prevention easier and simpler.
15 / 02 / 23
Within this context, we wanted to have a look at the data classification concept, and zoom in on various aspects:
- Why does an organisation embark on a data classification journey?
- How can you balance your classification goals with the effort required?
- Where does change management come into the equation?
- What is the role of user awareness?
- How far should you go with automation?
In this session, we started with a look into the real-life data classification story of Ageas. Then, we heard from Zivver about the whys and hows of intelligent, automated data classification.
The presentations are available to our members (after login):
- Ageas user story: Information classification – a practical approach to data protection
- Zivver presentation: Why intelligent, automated classification is essential for effectively preventing data breaches and adequately protecting sensitive information