Privacy: the constant search for best practices continues. Takeaways from the Beltug X-change
The concept and importance of ‘privacy’ are more and more embedded in our daily life – both professional and personal. The introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in May 2018 further accelerated this process. When processing personal data, companies and organisations are encouraged to be conscious and respectful of the privacy rights their customers or employees can exercise.
19 / 06 / 19
But correctly handling the privacy of your data subjects requires constant effort, and at times presents a major challenge. So we zoomed into a few of these hurdles, and checked out best practices. We brought you an example of an internal privacy statement, had a look at the importance of data classification, and learned about the ins and outs of a suitable training and awareness programme. To top off the event, we heard from our new Data Protection Authority about its plans in the months to come.
Presentations are available to Beltug members (after log-in):
- Cranium presentation: New Beltug tool: internal privacy statement for employees template
- Data Trust Associates: Data classification in a world of data protection, security, data management & analytics
- BASF presentation: Data privacy – Is your organisation aware?
- DPG Media presentation: Online advertising: challenges for DPOs
- DPA presentation: The new Belgian Data Protection Authority – objectives and roadmap