The SAM Task Force takes on supplier relationships
At the successful kick off on 21 November, 30 representatives from various sectors and companies got the new Beltug SAM task force off the ground. This expert group (users only!) of people involved in software asset management, software procurement, vendor management, etc. meets frequently to exchange experiences and best practices.
28 / 02 / 20
Topics in 5 areas have been defined:
- IT Governance & asset management
- IT Competences
- Individual Software vendors. A SAP subgroup was created to discuss common issues and to set up a structural consultation with SAP.
Within these focus areas, the Task Force is already working to organise concrete actions, including:
- Preparing a meeting with Microsoft for interested user members. Some potential topics to be covered will include privacy/GDPR, account manager relationships, the negotiation process, moving to Azure and the (re)packaging of functionalities.
- An exchange of SAP experiences, to share and discuss best practices on negotiating and/or contracting with SAP, especially regarding the move to S/4Hana, and to learn from each other how to get ready.
- Preparing input for an international supplier satisfaction survey, which will be organised together with sister CIO organisations in other countries.
- Preparing user input for a SaaS Code of Conduct for Data Portability. The European Commission wants to enforce the Free Flow of Non-Personal Data regulation using a self-regulatory process where stakeholders from the industry define through a code of conduct how organizations can be enabled to switch from providers and port their data into a new environment of their choosing. SAM Task Force consolidated input on the SaaS CoC from Beltug and user groups in other countries, to arrive at common position.
Are you interested in joining the SAM Task Force? Read the mission statement and apply.