Challenges for ICT during Covid-19 and beyond: practices, policies and insights
Beltug members have been contacting us to find out how other companies are handling their ICT challenges in this difficult time. Beltug wants to be a ‘peer lifeline’ for ICT decision makers, whether they are at home or at the office, keeping their colleagues connected.
27 / 04 / 20
We carried out a Consultation asking our members to share tips and concerns about ICT during Covid-19. We received a lot of interest and responses: more than ever, companies are looking to learn from the experiences of other organisations. Thank you for the many contributions.
Covid-19 – Peer practices
We have brought together the input we received from our members. The 15-page paper includes insight into:
- Challenges of the massive switch to teleworking
- Tips for security and privacy
- Beltug’s ‘Guidelines for creating a Privacy Awareness and Training programme’
- An overview of security and privacy tools from the Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Practical tips for web meetings/web conferencing
- The impact on software licences and contracts, including tips and insight
- Cash flow optimisation
- Wi-Fi performance
- Minimising patch management in crisis situation
- Performance of telecom networks and cloud infrastructure (data networks, telephony networks, in Belgium, at the European level, cloud – data centres, collaboration tools)
- Leadership tips: anticipating for tomorrow, embracing the positive elements of homeworking and web meetings, using the missing links and business continuity
The paper is available for our members.